R.E. Millward + Associates provides thorough research assessing the development viability of properties in a timely manner, offering credible analysis and advice on development options for our clients.
Preliminary Planning Analysis
- DUE DILIGENCE
- FEASIBILITY STUDIES
- HIGHEST AND BEST USE ANALYSIS
- LAND ACQUISITION INVESTIGATIONS
- PRELIMINARY MASSING STUDIES
- THOROUGH WORK THAT OFTEN RESULTS IN INNOVATIVE POLICY RECOMMENDATIONS AND CAREFULY PLANNED IMPLEMENTATION TOOLS
Planning Approvals and Applications
Our firm offers thorough and strategic management of development applications through the municipal approval process. Our experience in the review and analysis of complex policy instruments provides a solid foundation for the delivery of comprehensive and supportable planning rationales. We are also well versed in navigating the approvals processes of various municipalities and have extensive expertise in the preparation of draft zoning by-laws.
- DRAFT PLAN OF CONDOMINIUM APPROVALS
- DRAFT PLAN OF SUBDIVISION
- MINOR VARIANCE AND CONSENT APPLICATIONS
- OFFICIAL PLAN AND ZONING AMENDMENT APPLICATIONS
- PLANNING RATIONALE REPORTS
- SITE PLAN CONTROL APPROVALS
Policy Development and Implementation
With years of experience in both the public and private sector, R.E. Millward + Associates has the ability to offer a diverse range of strategic advice based on our expert knowledge of planning processes, policies and development services and our relationships with city staff and partner firms. These cultivated connections and grounded research and expertise have allowed us to act as strategic advisors on a number of high-level citywide and private sector projects. We have become well known for our thorough studies and plans that often result in innovative policy recommendations and carefully planned implementation tools. We have experience working with clients and stakeholders at the municipal, regional and provincial level as well as various public agencies.
- AVENUE STUDIES
- CAMPUS PLANS AND MASTER PLANS
- COMMUNITY SERVICES & FACILITIES STUDIES
- COMPREHENSIVE ZONING STUDIES
- LAND USE COMPATIBILITY
- MOBILITY HUB STUDIES
- MTSA STUDIES
- MUNICIPAL PLANNING SERVICES
- NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANS
- SECONDARY PLANS
Consultation and Facilitation
R.E. Millward + Associates has extensive experience facilitating and leading public consultations with diverse stakeholders and community members. Whether we are working with development applications or on a study or master plan, facilitation and consultation is an essential skill and service to provide for large scale planning processes.
- CONTENT AND PRESENTATIONS DESIGN
- FACILITATION WITH CITY STAFF, DEVELOPERS AND STAKEHOLDERS; PUBLIC AND COMMUNITY CONSULTATIONS
- OPEN HOUSES
- PUBLIC MEETINGS
R.E. Millward + Associates offers strategic advice based on expert knowledge of planning processes, policies, development services, and relationships with city staff and partner firms
- COORDINATING MULTI DISCIPLINARY TEAMS
- MANAGING COMPLEX PLANNING PROCESSES
- MANAGING MULTIFACETED INTERESTS OF VARIOUS PUBLIC AND PRIVATE STAKEHOLDERS
Expert Witness Statements and Testimony
R.E. Millward + Associates has branched out into the realm of professional testimony on the stand, regarding planning related issues on behalf of our clients. Ian Graham is a seasoned veteran of the TLAB, OMB processes, and has been called as an expert witness on several projects.
- LOCAL PLANNING APPEAL TRIBUNAL
- TORONTO LOCAL APPEAL BODY
We work all over the GTA.